Table of Contents
Does chicken poop make good fertilizer?
Chicken manure cannot be directly used as flower fertilizer, it needs to be fermented. In general chicken manure, the nitrogen content is about 1.63%, the phosphorus content (phosphorus pentoxide) is 1.52%, and the potassium content (potassium oxide) is 0.83%. But with different feed compositions, the fat content in chicken manure will have a certain difference. The retting of poultry and livestock manure, as far as the average farmer is concerned, is a better method for the fermentation of organic fertilizer (chicken manure), and the fermentation can be completed through the composting process.
How to make chicken poop fertilizer?
1. Chicken manure is a relatively high-quality organic fertilizer, which contains about 1.63%, 1.54%, and 0.85% of pure nitrogen, phosphorus (P2O5), and potassium (K2O). The chicken manure must be fully decomposed before application, and the parasites and their eggs in the chicken manure, as well as some infectious bacteria, are inactivated through the process of decomposing (retting).
2. Because chicken manure generates high temperatures in the process of decomposing, it is easy to cause nitrogen loss. Therefore, it is necessary to add a proper amount of water and 5% superphosphate before decomposing, the fertilizer effect will be better. The decomposed method can put the chicken manure into the manure tank for soaking, or the surface can be sealed and piled for retting. In the process of stacking and fermentation, due to the high temperature, the chicken manure needs to be turned and thrown 2-3 times, so that the fermentation can be more uniform and the speed is relatively fast. The turning and throwing can be carried out by a manual or automatic composter machine. After being fully fermented and decomposed, chicken manure becomes a high-quality base fertilizer for planting crops, or it is often used as base fertilizer for planting fruit trees in winter and used throughout the year.
3. The feed ingested by chickens is not completely digested and absorbed, and about 40%-70% of the nutrients are excreted. Therefore, chicken manure has the highest nutrient content among all poultry manure. However, if chicken manure is directly applied to crops without being treated or decomposed, there are great harms and hidden dangers: it is directly applied to the soil, fermented under suitable conditions, and generates a lot of heat, which burns the roots of the crops. At the same time, chicken manure itself carries a large number of pathogens, which brings hidden dangers to crops. Therefore, the chicken manure must be harmlessly treated and completely decomposed before it can be applied to crops.
4. The traditional method is to seal the chicken manure and retort it for anaerobic fermentation. It usually takes 3-4 months to decompose. Now, through biotechnology and aerobic fermentation, the decomposing speed is 10-20 times faster than the traditional one. Large molecules such as fecal protein are broken down into small molecules, which can be directly absorbed by crops. Completely decomposed chicken manure has basically no smell.
5. The main substance in chicken manure is organic matter, and the application of chicken manure increases the organic matter content in the soil. Organic matter can improve the physical, chemical, and biological properties of the soil, mature the soil, and improve the fertility of the soil. The proverbs in the rural areas of my country that “the land depends on manure and the seedlings grow by manure” reflect to a certain extent the effect of using chicken manure to improve the soil. The application of chicken manure fertilizer not only increases many organic colloids but also decomposes many organic substances into organic colloids by the action of microorganisms, which greatly increases the soil adsorption surface and produces many sticky substances, which make the soil particles cement and become stable. The aggregate structure of the soil improves the water retention, fertilizer retention, and air permeability of the soil, as well as the ability to regulate the soil temperature.
Tianci Fertilizer machinery manufacturers:
In addition to the above methods, chicken manure can be made into organic fertilizer through modern methods, which can not only better improve soil properties and improve soil fertility, but also bring additional benefits to users. Tianci Heavy is a professional manufacturer of Organic fertilizer production lines, Can provide you with various fertilizer equipment and solutions.