Table of Contents
Is horse manure organic?
Horse manure is rich in organic matter and various nutrients required by crops, which has a good effect on increasing crop yield and improving soil fertility. Moreover, the texture of horse manure is coarse, which can effectively improve the properties of clay, and horse manure can also be used Fermentation in biogas digesters. When fermenting horse manure into organic fertilizer, it is necessary to mix the starter, adjust the carbon-nitrogen ratio, adjust the moisture content of the horse manure, build a pile of horse manure, mix well and aerate and turn it over.
Uses and Values of Horse Manure
Horse manure contains a lot of cellulose and hemicellulose, and the horse manure is coarse, loose and porous, with low water content and rapid decomposing, and generates a large amount of heat during the accumulation process. When making compost, adding an appropriate amount of horse manure can promote the compost to decompose.
Horse manure is rich in organic matter and various nutrients required by crops, which has a good effect on increasing crop yield and improving soil fertility. Horse manure is coarse in texture, which is very suitable for cohesive soil and can improve the properties of clay.
Can horse manure be used directly as fertilizer?
Horse manure should not be used directly as fertilizer without fermentation.
1. Horse manure contains Escherichia coli, nematodes and other pests and germs. If it is used directly without being decomposed and fermented, it will spread diseases and insect pests and cause crop damage.
2. The horse manure that has not been decomposed and fermented is applied to the soil. Once the soil temperature rises and the fermentation conditions are reached, the horse manure will begin to ferment and emit a lot of heat, which will cause the roots of the plant to burn.
3. In the process of decomposing and fermenting, horse manure will produce harmful gases such as methane and ammonia, which will cause damage to the root system of crops. In severe cases, it will also produce ethylene, which will inhibit the growth of root systems of plants.
4. The nutrients of horse manure that have not been decomposed and fermented are mostly organic or slow-acting, which cannot be directly absorbed and utilized by crops, and the fertilizer effect is relatively slow.
How horse manure is fermented into organic fertilizer
1. Mix the starter: add 2 kg of biological fertilizer fermentation broth to 1 square of horse manure. When using, dilute the fermentation broth with water by 50-100 times, and then spray it evenly on the horse manure.
2. Adjust the carbon-nitrogen ratio: keep the carbon-nitrogen ratio of the fermented fertilizer at 25-35:1, control the pH at 6-8, the carbon-nitrogen ratio of horse manure is 12.7, and the wheat straw is 97. You can add some straw, Straw, mushroom residue, etc. are fermented together.
3. Adjusting the moisture content of horse manure: In the process of fermenting organic fertilizer, control the moisture content of horse manure.
4. Horse manure construction: When fermenting horse manure, it should not be too small or too short, too small will affect fermentation. Generally, the height should be controlled at 1.5 meters, the width should be controlled at 2 meters, and the length should be controlled at about 2-4 meters. .
5. Mix well and ventilate: Fertilizer fermentation aids are oxygen-consuming microorganisms, so it is necessary to increase the oxygen supply during the fermentation process, and do a good job of mixing, frequent turning and ventilation, otherwise it will affect the fermentation effect of horse manure.
6. Fermentation is completed: After 48 hours of accumulation of horse manure, when the temperature rises to above 65°C, turn the horse manure over once. Generally, there will be 2-3 times of high temperature above 65°C during the fermentation process, and it needs to be turned over for 2-3 times. Fermentation can be completed in a few times, usually in about a week.
7. The finished product after fermentation can be packaged and sold directly, or powdered organic fertilizer can be made into granular organic fertilizer using the follow-up Organic fertilizer production line for sale.